Wednesday 22 June 2011

"Thing 2" - Investigate some other blogs...

Having already had some lovely feedback from fellow CPD23 bloggers, I thought it was about time I returned the favour, and explored what other great posts were out there! I thoroughly enjoyed reading and commenting on the following blogs, amongst many others (you'll find a list of some of my favourites on the right-hand side of the screen):

Theatregrad

Sarah Said Library

The Hobbit Hole

Jennifer Yellen - Neon Librarian

Trails and Trials of a Trainee Librarian

Reading about other people's experiences, routes into librarianship, future plans and thoughts on the CPD23 course itself, was really interesting, and reminded me that when you write a blog, you're not alone! Whilst at times it feels pretty isolating - especially when you're sat at home typing your thoughts and feelings onto a computer screen - actually seeing comments from other like-minded people makes me NOT WANT TO GIVE UP, and reminds me that there are people out there who, just by listening, make my voice heard! So thank you, to everyone who has taken the time to read this :-)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my blog, very kind. I love this cpd23 thing, great for discovering new blogs to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for mentioning mine too! I like that it's a Thing to go and comment on other people's blogs, as normally I'm a bit of a lurker - this forces me to actually go and interact with the people I've been following for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, I often feel like I'm just blogging to the ether! It's good to know you're actually blogging for a reason, and for an audience. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I'm catching up with CPD23 and doing Thing 2 today, so I just wanted to say hi. I did my traineeship in 2008, so I'm still fairly new as well. Best of luck with your traineeship and your blog, and I'm still a bit in awe that the London Library trainee is blogging and sharing her experience here :)

    ReplyDelete